Tuesday 10 December 2013

Activity 2 - Pillar (9/12/13)



 Modelling a Pillar in Cinema 4D



To start the pillar I add a cube that is -
Size X - 200m
Size Y - 45m
Size Z - 200m


Next step is to create a duplicate of that cube so I press CMD + C to copy then CMD + V to paste, that duplicate will then appear underneath the first cube so i click the move tool and drag the second cube up the Y axis so it sits on top of the first one. My next move was to change the scale in object properties  so i change the sizes to -
Size X - 150m
Size Y - 45m
Size Z - 150m
I need to make sure the fillet is ticked in the same window so it gives it that rounded edge rather than a sharp edge.


Next i needed to make the actual pillar so I choose a cog wheel from spline menu and then change the plane to XZ which will rotate it so it lies flat.


Then I create an extrude NURBS so i can use that too make it 3D. I also then copy and paste the base and drag it along the Y axis to the top.


I then create an Extrude Nurbs so i can stretch it into a 3D object. To do this i need to make the cog wheel a child of the extrude so i just drag the god on top of the extrude.


 To finalize the model i add a floor by adding a plane then add a light and placing that top right so the shadow was visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment