Monday 17 March 2014

Home project - Rapunzel's tower

Rapunzel's Tower

When given the 3D modelling assignment and i'd finally got the Cinema 4D software at home i decided to have a practice at home so i can gain more skills and knowledge ready for me to create my final models. It helped to take it upon myself to practice making objects at home in my own time. I decided to make Rapunzel's tower.


This is the template i used to make an outline of the tower. I decided that making it in sections would make it simple more detailed and easier to edit later on if needed. 

Firstly i need to open up this template into Cinema 4D. I do this by clicking onto front viewport and pressing Shift+V this brings up the coordinates manager in which i press back and then upload it.

This brings the image up on a grid with the Y and X axis. I started with making the base of the tower. I did this by making an outline with the bezier tool which creates a spline. I need to make sure thats along the Y axis and that each end meets the Y axis so when i put the LatheNURB on and make the spline a child of the Lathe it can create a 360 degree spin of my spline, this can be altered if necessary.

As you can see i've created this in sections, the base of the tower needs a little work to make the edges more clean and smooth.


This was the hardest part of the model, once i made it i noticed it needed a side window so i had to move the top to the right a bit so i could make the window, i made that with a cube then extruded from there. 


As you can see here the base of the roof is jagged and thats something i would have to sort out. I am not adding any materials to this as it was just a practice task to help me with my models in college, it helped a lot with my final projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment