Friday 24 January 2014

3D Modelling Proposal


Unit 22: 3D Modelling

Bethany Ford

Working title: Alice In Wonderland: CGI Animation

Application:
For my CGI project I will be making a scene from Alice In Wonderland and making it into a game application. I will be recreating the scene where the mad hatter, Alice, the white rabbit and the mouse sitting around the table.

Target audience: 
As my project is based around Alice In Wonderland, my target audience has a wide range of age starting from 10+, both male and female. As this project starts from such a young age it has to be bright and vibrant, this will also catch peoples eye. My characters within the scene have to be recognisable but my own. The scene will be energetic and bright, using vibrant colours like pink, blue, yellow and green, which will help create a happy vibe. This project will be cartoon like, it will be fun too look at with all the different things involved within the scene.

Objects to be modelled:
I’m hoping to re create the whole scene so it will include models like furniture; table, chairs, stools, cutlery; knives, folks, spoon dinnerware; plates, bowls, cups, tea cups. I will also add in the playing cards, cake and a lantern. To make the scene complete I would like to make the background as well which will include giant mushrooms and weird looking trees.

Visual style: 
My scene will be vibrant and colourful. 
  • ·      Mad hatter chair: Green with a velvet material
  • ·      Alice’s chair: Pink with a chrome material for the frame of the chair
  • ·      Rabbit’s chair: Cream coloured back on a velvet material and a chrome frame
  • ·      Queen of hearts chair: Love heart shaped cushion in a red velvet with a gold frame and a crown on top of the chair
  • ·      Mouse table: dark brown wood material
  • ·      Round and square table: Wood material
  • ·      Table cloth: vintage style pattern, different colours for each table
  • ·      Foot stool: Cream velvet cushion with dark wood legs
  • ·      Mad hatters hat: Purple velvet with a floral pattern and a red velvet band

 Legal and ethical decisions:

Because I’m taking ideas from and basically copying something and making into a different format I have to consider copyright. I will take the ideas and use it as a reference but put my own twist on the models. My models will be used for college purposes and not my own personal use.  As my models aim to such a young audience I need to consider what I put in my scene, Alice in Wonderland appeals to a young audience anyway so that shouldn’t be a problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment